With yoga studios and public practice spaces closed, I have taken my classes and sessions online. Like many teachers and therapists, I am using Zoom.
I am grateful for all that the Zoom platform offers. It is a medium through which we can boost our health and well-being. Please continue reading to learn more about the benefits possible through online engagement.
- It makes it possible for us to continue learning, teaching, and healing together, while respecting social distancing.
- We save travel time. No traffic!
- We can practice in the comfort of our own homes. This gives us a feeling of safety. It also brings positive energy into our living spaces.
- As a student or client, it is possible to turn off your video for privacy. You can still see and hear the instructor/therapist.
- In group classes, participants can see and engage with one another, and socialize before and after class.
- Transmission of energy, warmth and intimacy flows beautifully through this medium.
- We can stay connected.
My students tell me that in-person will always be their favourite, but that Zoom Live is the next best option. Watching a recording of even the very same class loses the immediacy of being together, even while apart!